The Portfolio program is customized to the specific objectives of the student based on the college application criteria. The time to complete the program depends on the students hard work and commitment, and the frequency of attendance. Graduation requires a minimum attendance of 150 hours. Frequent attendance is encouraged for optimal results, however, we understand the limited availability some students may have so the program is designed to allow 12 months to complete.
College Portfolio Program includes:
- One-on-one session to customize the program for the student’s objectives, time constraints, etc., based on the requirements of the colleges chosen.
- Individualized portfolio design
- 180 hours of classroom instruction (60 3-hour classes)
- 60 additional hours of no-instruction studio time (one hour before PM classes and one hour after AM classes)
- Personalized projects and instructions
- Cohesive body of work
- Home assignments as required or requested
- 3 critique/evaluation appointments. Parent(s) encouraged to join the student for these sessions.
- Individual guidance on:
- selection of works to be included in portfolio
- development of portfolio presentation prior to submission
- application essay
- student biography
- artist statement
- Letter of of Recommendation for each portfolio submission, as required.
- 2 gift certificates for family members or friends (each certificate is for two 3-hour classes)
- Admission for one to the Learn To Paint workshop.
- Certificate of Graduation from the Portfolio Program