Watercolor, Gouache, or Watercolor Pencil Painting Supplies
Appropriate for all online classes except Essential Drawing Course for Beginners and Introduction to Drawing.
- Any pencil for sketching your composition
- Choices of watercolors
- The very best gouache – Royal talens
- Rubber cement eraser
- Yes! You can actually erase watercolors with this
- Round hair brushes (It’s not recommended to use bristle brushes for watercolors)
- 11x15in watercolor pad (size is up to you)
- Mist bottle
- Artist masking tape to tape the edges of your watercolor paper
- Field Easel (optional)
- I am recommending a field easel because you can set it on a table for small scale pieces or you can fold it out and paint outside, or use it for larger paintings. It’s more expensive than a regular table easel, but it’s more versatile.
- Gloves (optional)
- Apron (optional)